Translate

Thursday, January 8, 2015

Eat This!

Banana Pecan Oatmeal
This morning I made quick oats on my stove top it was so delicious, healthy and filling!
 
1 Cup quick Oats
1 Cup of Coconut drink
1/2 fresh banana
1/3 cup pecans
1 TBS coconut sugar
a dash of salt, cinnamon and nutmeg
 
 
 
 
 
Power Breakfast!

 
Van's Power Grains 10grms protein smeared W/natural crunchy
peanut butter and 2 boiled eggs
 

Lemon, Kale and Flax Seed Smoothie with Pineapple & Blackberries
 

This little smoothie packed a mighty punch!  Get your daily dose of healthy greens, blackberries, pineapples, lemon and flax seeds. It taste so fresh fruity and tart with the lemon it was deliciously refreshing
 
1 cup of Kale
1/3 cup of frozen Pineapples
1/4 cup of fresh blackberries
1 TBS of flax seeds
1/2 of a fresh lemon
1/3 cup of  orange juice



 


 
Seasonal Fresh Fruit
Fresh Berries
Through the winter it's hard to find good seasonal fruit.  I find that purchasing seasonal fruit is always much cheaper and it  taste a lot better during its season.  It get's pricy and does not taste as good when the season is up.  Today at my local market I was able to purchase fresh blackberries for only 98 cents a package so I loaded up, they taste great fresh or I can freeze them to have  in my smoothies and protein shakes.
Blackberries
 
 
 
 
Saturday Morning Special

French Toast, Turkey Ham and a side of Grits!!
I even made the edges a little crispy/burnt like my mom lol!!
If your anything like me Saturday morning are Crazy Chaos, practices, games for your kids, unfinished projects around the house, yard work and Fido needs a bath!!!  Well my family needs big fuel to get it all done so this menu was created especially for them with love :) kinda like the breakfasts I grew up with as a kid homemade from scratch with lots of love! 
Come and get it!!
 

 
Grilled Eggplant Parmesan

Try making your old favorites with a healthy twist, instead of battering and pan frying the eggplant, I grilled it!I used extra-sharp cheese so I did not need as much and I of course used mozzarella cheese.  It was so divine and satisfying, I sprinkled  sourdough bread crumbs in-between the layers to give it the taste of the traditional classic without all of the guilt!

Using fresh Ginger
Today I purchased some fresh ginger from the market,  I plan on using this amazing root all week :)!  The benefits  of ginger are great!!  Tonight for dinner I made a fresh ginger and garlic stir fry (love my Wok) with balsamic, soy sauce, snow peas, onions and at the end I tossed in some steak for my family.  It was a hit, none left.....all gone!! Healthy, good for you quick meal!
 
 
 
Healthy Baked Jalapeno Poppers
Recipe Huffington Post
 

Ingredients

  • 12 fresh jalapeño peppers, halved lengthwise, stems, seeds and membranes removed
  • 1 8-ounce bar reduced fat cream cheese
  • 1 cup grated part-skim mozzarella cheese
  • 1 teaspoon cumin seeds, slightly crushed
  • 1 teaspoon mild ground chili
  • 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
  • 1 egg
  • 2 egg whites
  • 1/2 cup wheat flour
  • 1 cup seasoned dry breadcrumbs
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt

Directions

  • Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly coat baking sheet with nonstick spray and set aside. In a large bowl, mash together the cream cheese, mozzarella, cumin seeds, mild chili powder and black pepper. In a shallow dish, whisk egg with egg whites. Spread the flour out on a sheet of wax paper. Spread the breadcrumbs out on another sheet of wax paper.
  • Fill the hollow of each half pepper with a heaping tablespoon of the cream-cheese mixture. One at a time, dredge in the flour, dip into the egg whites, then press into the crumbs to coat. Repeat with remaining peppers. Place the coated peppers, cut side up, on baking sheets and bake until the peppers are tender and the crust is golden, about 25 to 30 minutes. Serve immediately.
 
 Anti-Inflammatory Turmeric & Honey Smoothie
I decided to give turmeric a try in a smoothie, according to the experts they say that the benefits of turmeric are great it's a Anti-inflammatory spice that taste yummy,  and since I already have in my cupboard why not give it a try!!   Like most of you I put a lot of ware on my body & joints with excercise, kids,  life..  it's not a bad idea to keep problems at bay before any began (Thank u Jesus)...And if It can help these tired eyes  (up late night blogging) lol!!!!I would not be mad! .. It actually taste really good!!! I love the combo together the turmeric, orange, nutmeg and honey YUM!!  The added  spiciness takes it over the top!

Ingredients:
1/2 Large Banana
1/2 cup of Coconut Drink plain,
1/2 cup frozen peaches
2 Tbs Chia seeds
1 tsp turmeric
1 tsp honey
1 orange (squeeze for juice)
add a dash of nutmeg to taste and ice blend and enjoy!


Chicken Parm Oven Bake!
Dinner is served!

 Although I don't eat meat I still prepare it for my family.  Trust me they are a hard crowd to please so I have to be on point and bring it!! LOL!  So last night I did a healthier version of chicken parm and it seemed to be a hit!  Eating healthier does not mean giving up great foods it just means getting creative and cutting out the unnecessary steps that can sabotage a meal.  To make your chicken flavorful, season it with salt and pepper, then roll it in parmesan cheese and bread crumb mixture (season your mixture too with a little salt and pepper or good Italian seasoning mix), I usually don't dip my chicken in egg or buttermilk before oven baking it in this case because it makes the coating on the chicken too thick.  One tip to get crispy oven baked chicken is to heat your oil in the pan first before you place cold chicken in it (I usually just place the pan w/oil in the oven while preheating with about 1-2 TBS of coconut oil) bake chicken until almost completely cooked (I used chicken tenders or thin cut breast) then pour your  favorite tomato sauce( can tomatoes red wine, garlic brown sugar, olive oil salt pepper red pepper flakes) around the chicken not directly on top of it so that it dosen't get soggy.  Place low fat mozzarella slices on top and bake at 350 until chicken is completely cooked (don't overcook or it will dry out) and cheese is melted and bubbly!  Serve with spaghetti squash or whole grain noodles (barilla is the best whole grain pasta (cheap) the pasta is white so your kids will never know it's whole grain!)  Get Creative and eat good food!!!

 

 
 
Pizza night with my family!
 

I love pizza night with my family! For me eating healthier is a lifestyle not a fad or a diet.  I never want to exclude myself from breaking bread with the ones I love, like going out to dinner with friends or pizza night with my family.  My motto is never deny just modify, I love pizza too so I went for veggie pizza and a side salad of  cucumbers, tomatoes and avocado, after 2 slices I was full and satisfied!! It was such a win win... I enjoyed pizza night with my family and I did not sacrifice myself by feeling stuffed or like I over did it!  I love food like everbody else, enjoy it and take care of yourselves and making good choices for you!!!

 

 
 

 
 
 
This is a Recipe worth trying!
Cooking Light Kale and Caramelized Onion grill Cheese

My mouth is watering already this makes a great
Weeknight dinner solution quick meal!!
 
 
Crispy Veggie Tacos
 
Taco's aren't known for being the most healthiest foods to eat, but you can tweak any meal and make it healthier!  I opted for a veggie taco with low fat mozzarella cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, avocados and fresh salsa.  I used corn tortillas but there are plenty of blue corn/flax seed tortillas that are high in protein and low in carbs.  With so many tasty delicious options there is no reason to  give up your favorite foods, just make them a little healthier!

 

 
Open Face Veggie Club

This sandwich was so good piled high with melted low fat mozzarella cheese, tomatoes, avocado orange bell peppers and jalapeno's on a Ozery multi-grain Big bun!!  I also had a fresh fruit & kefir parfait so yummy and good for me!!
 
Fresh Pineapple raspberries
Kefir and Dark Chocolate granola
with protein!
 
The Benefits of Flax Seeds
 
Eat Flax seeds in your smoothies, with cereal or yoguart
 
Although flaxseed contains all sorts of healthy components, it owes its primary healthy reputation to three of them:
  • Omega-3 essential fatty acids, "good" fats that have been shown to have heart-healthy effects. ...
  • Lignans, which have both plant estrogen and antioxidant qualities. ...
  • Fiber.

Healthy Magic Cookie Bars

I was looking for a healthy sweet treat, I was craving the yummy magic cookie bars from my childhood.  So I decided to try a healthy alternative to  my childhood favorite and it turned out really good (quick note) I did not toast my oatmeal in the oven long enough, make sure you do to avoid a soggy crust! 

Crust

1 cup of Quick Oats

1/2 cup pecans or walnuts chopped

3 tbs of coconut sugar

1/3 cup of melted red palm/coconut shortening

toast the oats first on a baking sheet at 350 degrees for about 10 minutes until toasted pull from the oven and combine the rest of the ingredients press crust in pan 8x8 inch pan

Filling

1 can of full fat or thick coconut milk                                                              2 tbs of honey, agave or maple syrup                                                             1 tbs of vanilla

bring mixture to a slight boil then reduce to a simmer stirring constantly for about 45 min. It will eventually thicken and become like the consistency of sweet condensed milk.  Remove from heat slightly cool and then you can start to layer.  Pour filling mixture over crust then top with dark chocolate chips, pecans and shredded coconut.  Bake for 30 minutes on 350 remove from oven and let it set and cool for 1 about an hour then pop them in the fridge after they have cooled for about 10-15 minutes.  Cut and enjoy!!


I love Chips!! 

Late July Organic Red Hot MOJO
a fiery blend of jalapenos & red pepper
Spicy Goodness!!
Even though they aren't the healthiest of snacks I still love em!!  My search high and low for healthier chips led me here. I found some great alternatives to my favorite chips that are tasty and satisfy my crunchy cravings!  I use to love Doritos and Fire (hot & spicy) chips what I don't like about those chips are that they are high in sodium, food dye's and MSG. These alternatives taste really good, not like tastless cardboard stuff in the healthy chip section (lol) been there done that!!  Trust me on this one and give them a try!

Beanfields Bean & Rice chips
Nacho high in fiber & protein!
So good!!!

Mistletoe & Hot Coco with Marshmallows!!!

Veagan Vanilla flavored Marshmallows
Use Coconut or Almond Milk instead of water
and add a couple sprinkles of cinnamon
Really what more could a girl ask for?  Dark Chocolate Coco Vegan Marshmallow mini's and my secret twist.... Cinnamon!  Today this was my  3:00 O'clock I need a pick me up I'm crashing  treat!!


 
 
 
 
Leftovers-Turkey Tortilla Soup
Time to remix that leftover Turkey!   Thankfully I didn't have much turkey left over, I was very happy about that! (wast not) but there was enough however to make a delicious rift on a chicken tortilla soup.  My family really enjoyed it and cooking for them is like being on a episode of chopped lol!  I used up the rest of my Thanksgiving leftovers too.. baby new potatoes I had a (extra left over bag not needed for mashed potatoes), celery, onions, garlic and 2 cans of chicken or vegetable stock so simple healthy and good, a hearty soup that's comforting and cozy on a cold, wet day.

 Ingredients:
4 cups of slice in half and quartered  baby new potatoes. Pan roast
on high heat until golden brown (do not need to fully cook just brown) add to it:
season to taste salt pepper
1 clove of garlic
1/2 cup of onions
After you have sautéed your potatoes, garlic and onion
add 2 cans of Swanson Chicken Broth
1 package of taco Bell taco seasoning mix or a pouch of Frontera
New Mexico Taco Skillet sauce (if you use frontera omit diced tomatoes)
1 can of diced tomatoes w/jalapeno
add in your leftover turkey (shred it when it's cold first)
simmer in Crockpot or stove for about 1 hour
15 minutes before serving add about
1/2 cup of sweet frozen corn kernels
1/2 cup of drained black beans
Garnish with cheese, sour cream, tortilla chips and enjoy!  I made this recipe up so my measurements are give and take... improvise a little  I did!!  I don't' eat meat but my family loved it and raved about how yummy it was!



Veggie Burger

Today I scarfed down a classic!!  The original Garden Burger, It taste so good..clean food that has NO Soy! This burger contains healthy carbs (brown rice, barley, grains) It's such a good source of fiber it has 1/4 cup of veggies and 5 grms of protein too.  I had it with sliced avocado, jalapeno peppers, romaine lettuce and a pickle, served up on a toasted Ozery Big bun with 7 grams of protein.  Sorry no picture I was kinda hungry!! lol!! I forgotten how good the original Garden Burger was give them a try again!

Ozery Big Bun

Sunday Brunch!



Waffles with protein (10 grams), fresh Raspberries, fresh bananas, toasted pecans and pure maple syrup! Getting Back on track after Thanksgiving.





The Benefits of Vitamin C, Are you getting enough?

Vitamin C has been called the Beauty booster I discovered a powder form of Vitamin C that is super potent and concentrated called Camu camu (KA-MOO KA-MOO) is a small red/purple fruit that grows on bushy trees in the Peruvian Amazon. This tangy little fruit burst into the world of health and wellness when it was discovered that that camu camu berries are one of the highest natural sources of vitamin C. Vitamin C is one of the most essential nutrients out there. Vitamin C aids in the healing of wounds, can help prevent periodontal disease, supports strong blood vessels and is a powerful antioxidant.  It is estimated that camu camu contains around 30 times more vitamin C than oranges. Camu camu berries are also significant sources of calcium, amino acids and antioxidants that can help aid in your body’s overall health and vitalityThey have been traditionally used as a medicinal herb, improving the function of the brain, eyes, heart, lungs, liver and skin. Unlike synthetic vitamin C pills and supplements, camu camu delivers vitamin C in a whole-food-form, complete with bioflavonoids and vitamin complexes that help your body use vitamin C affectively.  Information source provided by Sunfood Articles
 I blend my Camu camu in my smoothies and protein shakes, It helps me to fight colds and to stay healthy too!


My Kale Smoothie with Protein
I decided to go green today well Kinda I added 1 8oz container (15 grms protein) of plain kefir, frozen berries fresh orange plus the juice.  Such a great way to start the day, It was so good and refreshing packed with protein,  fresh greens (kale) berries (antioxidants) oranges (Vitamin C) with a splash of water and Ice blend it and your good to go!!
Handful of Kale, Frozen Berries,
Orange/Orange Juice Evolve Kefir
Water Ice, Blend!


Eat your Pumpkin Seeds!
I have had my Pumpkins since Halloween!!  I have glittered and Mod Podge one of them but I think the seeds are still good on the inside (crossing my fingers).  They say that pumpkin seeds are the worlds healthiest foods packed with nutrients like the mineral zinc.  Pumpkin seeds have antioxidant properties too and are a good source of Vitamin E.




 



Broccoli Stir Fry and Veggies over rice or a baked
I love to eat my veggies and I don't like them cooked to death either!! Purchasing a WOK has been the best investment for making quick healthy meals.  Just a few minutes in a hot wok... coconut oil with a dash of soy sauce, sesame oil, fresh garlic and red pepper. I love using a Wok because it keeps the integrity of the vegetables too, this is what I call fast food!! Enjoy over rice or a small baked potato
 

My kids love it when I do a switch-er-roo on them and make breakfast for dinner!  It's a fun fast way to get everyone to the dinner table quick.  I especially like to make breakfast for dinner when I'm too tired to spend another day cooking in the kitchen!  As for me.....I  had Van Waffles w/protein 10 grams for 2 sliced bananas, walnuts, maple syrup and of course a little dollop of whipped cream...I had a berry protein shake on the side too  just to boost my protein intake.


I love Quinoa!!

I use Trader Joe's Organic Red Quinoa
And Ancient Harvest Quinoa Flour

Quinoa is a excellent substitute for rice if you're looking to get some health carbs. Quinoa is a super grain, it's super healthy and it even has protein in it!  Give Quinoa a try with this fresh & light Quinoa salad!









Serves 4 preparation 10minutes cooking 20 minutes By Real Simple Magazine

Ingredients

1/2  cup quinoa 
3 tablespoons olive oil 
2 tablespoonssherry vinegar or red wine vinegar 
kosher salt and black pepper
1/2 pound tomatoes, cut up 
1/2 English cucumber, sliced
4 cups baby arugula (about 3 ounces)

Directions

  1. Cook the quinoa according to the package directions; let cool.
  2. In a large bowl, whisk together the oil, vinegar, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Add the quinoa, tomatoes, cucumber, and arugula and toss to combine; season with ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper.

 
 
Fresh Orange-Cherry-Berry Protein Shake!!!!!

1 Fresh Squeezed Orange 1, 8oz. Evolve
plain Kiefer(15 grms Protein) frozen cherries, pineapples
and raspberry/blueberry mixture 1/2 cup
Pineapple Juice 2TBSP Chia Seeds
Ice Blend enjoy!!
Tis the season....For all of the yummy good (but bad foods) please enjoy them ALL!!! Just make sure your getting in the good stuff too!




So Good and Good for you!!!

11/18/14

I Have some pretty AMazing friends! :) One of my wonderful girlfriends brought me back some delicious artisan breads/pastries form a bakery she visited over the weekend.  After taking this picture I indulged.... It was so delicious, indulgent and perfectly wonderful!!  Life's short Enjoy It!!
 


11/15/14
Saturday Morning Grub!!
They ate so fast I had to get a pancake picture
from the internet :(! Sorry about that I
guess it was good!!
Turkey Bacon for my family (Jimmy Dean is the best according to my family or Oscar Meyer) home-style potato's w/onions and Mommy's special pancakes!!!  I followed the bisquick recipe (the extra special one) with lemon, sugar and vanilla.. I used Coconut sugar instead of white sugar (they never knew) it caramelized so nice and bubbly in the pancakes so good!! my family loved them!! 


11/14/14
Fish Taco's
These healthier fish taco's were so tasty and super easy to make. I baked the fish instead of frying it, each fillet is only 100 calories (Dr. Praeger's sensible foods) I added Fresh tomato, avocado & salsa.  Corn and wheat tortilla's (5grms protein each) baked sweet potato fries and zucchini.   Oh So good!!





11/13/14
Spaghetti Squash W/Tomato Sauce and veggies


I had a taste for Italian so I decided to make Spaghetti with veggies, instead of pasta I used spaghetti squash.  I love spaghetti squash it's easy to make and shreds like pasta noodles. It taste like pasta without all of the heaviness, It's very fresh and light.  Give Spaghetti squash a try it's a healthier alternative to regular pasta!
Washed Dinner down w/some
Fresh Oranges (from my tree!) Water
Thanks Kendra for the inspiration!!

Cook whole Squash  polk it w/a fork
Cook on 375 for 1 hr cut 1/2 scoop
seeds out  shred w/fork enjoy!!






























11/12/14
Coco Caramel Apples W/Toasted Pecans

I was so excited to try a new recipe with the apples we picked at the Orchard.  I have had Caramel apples on my mind a lot because it reminds me of fall.  I decided to try something a little different and do a healthier verison of the classic.   I love regular Caramel apples too of course but I just wanted to experiment to see how good a healthy verison could be.  Well to my Surpirse..Surprise..Surprise they were really good!!  The carmel reminded me of a Salted Caramel flavor the Coconut sugar made the caramel dark it looked and smelled like a Maple Caramel Syurp.


Arkansas Black & Granny Smith Apples


Recipe 1/4 cup Coconut sugar and 1/2 cup of Coconut drink (use coconut milk instead I was out of it so I used coconut drink as a sub) 2 tbsp of water 1Tsp vanilla pinch of salt. Put ingredients in a sauce pan cook until it thickens, toast pecans wash apples and use a skewer or popsicle stick coat apples with caramel and pecans. Enjoy!!

11/11/14

Vegetable Marsala Burger with a tomato and avocado salad w/spiced walnuts

Today was such a busy day, on busy days I have a couple of standby's in my freezer instead of  hitting the drive through.  I love Trader Joe's they have some really unique and interesting foods like these Indian inspired  vegetable Marsala burgers (2 grms of protein) on a  Ozery multi-grain big bun  (7 grms of protein) fresh tomato, pickle and avocado.  I also had a small side salad with some homemade spiced walnuts so delicious !

Homemade Spiced Walnuts
1 cup Walnuts 1tsp of Coconut sugar
1/2 tsp smoked paprika 1tsp red pepper
or cayenne pepper 1 tsp soy sauce salt

Toss nuts in spices bake in a shallow pan 275
degrees bake for 15 min cool enjoy!
 

 11/10/14
Me Apple Picking


I hope that you all had a wonderful weekend!  I spent my Sunday with my family doing some apple picking Finally!! It was so amazing the trees were so beautiful; it was great to be out enjoying nature and picking my own fresh apples straight off the tree. I cannot wait to share some yummy apple recipes with you on a later post. We has such a blast, I thank God for a wonderful day!! Get out, get inspired go live...be fearless!!
Granny Smith Apples



11/8/14
Spicy Garlicy Green Beans
I picked up some fresh green beans from the market and made garlicky spicy green beans over Jasmine rice w/coconut milk.  First I blanched the green beans in salted hot water, then I gave them a nice ice bath to stop the cooking process.  I patted the green beans dry then stir-fried them with some coconut oil in a hot Wok then I put them over some Jasmine/Coconut rice it was so delicious and easy!






11/7/14
Yummy Oatmeal Raisin COOKIES

Quaker Vanishing Oatmeal Raisin Cookies


I was in  the mood for cookies and I just so happen to love oatmeal raisin cookies!!  I followed the Vanishing Quaker oatmeal cookie recipe on the inside of the Quaker oats lid. I did a few healthy tweaks...They were so good my family did not even notice the difference!!  I omitted the white sugar completely no need... the brown sugar or coconut sugar makes them sweet enough plus you are adding the raisins too.  Everything else I kept pretty much the same.  I also added walnuts to the last batch ( just for me!!!)


11/4/14
Taco Tuesdays!!!!
All that was missing  was a fresh lime Margarita!!!  I settled for a cold glass of ice water instead with lime!  Corn and Wheat tortilla (5grms protein each), beans cheese, rice and a tomato, olive and avocado salad!  Este muy delicioso!










11/3/14

Ok now that Halloween is officially over and I had plenty of yummy treats, it's time to get back on tract (Well kinda I have tons of left over treats!!!! :) I'm still nibbling away on candy but off setting it with some good nutrition. I whipped up this sautéed Kale with garlic, lime, red pepper and broccoli over a bed of Quinoa w/fresh baby cucumbers & tomatoes on the side. It taste so good and was so good for me that I don’t feel quite so guilty about all of the candy I have consumed! #Halloween-is-only-once-a-year! Thank the Lord!!!!!








10/31/14
Vegetarian Candy Corn Krispie Treats!

Happy Halloween Everyone!! If you need a last minute easy to make Halloween treat for tonight give this yummy old school TREAT a remix.  Since I'm a vegetarian I normally don't get a chance to eat rice kripsie treats because the marshmallows have gelatin. I came across these yummy vegan, gluten and gelatin free Dandies air-puffed marshmallows.  They taste just like marshmallows and are excellent for baking!

 

Ingredients:

3 cups Puffed Rice Cereal

2 Tablespoon Red Palm/Coconut Shortening

1 10oz. pkg of Vanilla Dandies

9 Candy Corn Taffy Candy


This is what you will need!
Heat shortening (Red Palm/Coconut instead of butter) until melted add bag of dandies till marshmallows melt all the way down remove from heat add puffed cereal mix well then fold in Candy Corn taffy until they melt.  Place in a greased glass dish let cool cut and enjoy!
Simply Sinful With some healthy Tweaks!

10/30/14 
My Favorite Fall Treats
Apple & Oats Crumble
I haven't gone apple picking this season (yet) but it sure hasn't stopped me from enjoying some delicious supermarket apples!  One of my all time favorite fall treats is Dutch Apple pie. I decided to do a healthy alternative and make a Warm Apple Crumble with Oats!!!  This  was soooo good it made the entire house smell A-Mazing!!  I love fall, time to cozy up with a blanket Crockpot meals and the things that make you go mmm....Serve this yummy fall favorite with whipped cream or vanilla frozen yogurt!!   It was so easy to make I literally threw it together!!!  6 granny smith apples (peeled and sliced), 1cup of quick oats, 1/2 cup of coconut sugar (instead of brown or cane sugar), 1 tps. of cinnamon, red palm/coconut shortening (instead of butter) 2 heaping tbs of red mill organic whole wheat pancake mix (instead of flour) I know pancake mix??!! I was pantry pulling lol!!! I also added 1/2 cup of toasted pecans.  Preheat oven on 350 cook till golden brown & bubbly and the apples are tender.  Enjoy!

 
10/28/14

 
Yummy Stir Fry Vegetables with brown rice!

             I was in the mood for stir fry and didn't feel too much like cooking so I decided to order take-out.  I went for my favorite go to option called the Loving Hut.  It's a healthy alternative to traditional take-out  plus  it's Vegan!  It taste so good you will never know the difference! We always have the option to make good choices, seek out the best healthy options you can find and always stay open to trying something new!






 10/23/14
Grilled Eggplant Parm






Grilled Eggplan Parm w/Spicy tomato Sauce

 

Spinach & Avacado Salad



Dinner is Served!


Dinner was soooo good last night!  I made tender grilled baby eggplant with spicy tomato sauce a sprinkle of parmesan cheese and low fat mozzarella cheese.   Side spinach salad with avocado, tomato and croutons.  I'm eating so much good healthy food these days..love It!









10/21/14
 


Since I'm always searching for new ways to get more protein into my food rotation I decided to try these Pea Protein Crumbles found at my local Safeway.  I've had pea protein before, It's a great substitute for soy crumbles or beef.  I purchased the fiesta Pea Protein crumbles and decided to make a taco salad.  The taste was not too bad..I prefer the taste of soy crumbles over the pea straight out of the bag.  It probably would of taste better if I had sauté the crumbles with onions and garlic, I just heated and ate directly from the bag. I'll hook it up next time and let you know if I love it better the second time around.  it was worth a try you won't know if you love/like it unless you try it!  
 
 

10/18/14
Sourdough Cracked Wheat Bread pizza!
So I made calzones for the family and decided to make a healthier alternative for myself.  It was just a little tweak but it left me feeling very satisfied and
full.  Never deny just modify!!!  Add a nice big spinach salad on the side loaded with even more fresh veggies.....so good!





Luis cracked wheat sourdough bread pizza or
tomato sauce veggies a few crumbles of
mozzarella cheese on top. Toast
enjoy!
 


I'm NOT Paleo just wanted to try something different for breakfast.... So my search lead me here.  I thought It was pretty good and wanted to share it with you!  Follow link above for recipe!
Tipsy Blueberry Bananna Bread (I omitted Acholol)

Breakfast was great! Decaf coffee with coconut milk
and coconut sugar Uncle Sam cereal w/blackberries,
2 hard boild eggs, Blueberry bananna bread Yum!

Farmers Market Fun!

This morning I got up early and took a trip to my Saturday local farmers market.  I know that going to the farmers market can be over whelming because everything looks so fresh and so good that you want to get everything!!!   I have been eating so much lately that I really had to take a deep breath and pace myself!!   I saw so many wonderful things like fresh eggs, cheeses, local honey, nuts, herbs even meat!!   There were so many things there that I have never even tried or seen before!  My goal is to not let any of the fresh goodies I purchased today go to waste, and to mix up my diet by adding new things to it!  I hope that you get out and enjoy your local farmers market too..let me know what you love about your local farmers market and the interesting things that you have tried I would love to hear about it!! 





My youngest loves these lemon Cucumbers
 









I have no clue what this is.. I call it a
Cactus Squash?? I'm gonna give it a try!

The Many Benefits of Chia Seeds!


Peachy Dream Chia Smoothie! fresh peaches
1 cup  pineapple juice
coconut milk to taste tsp of camu pdwr
 1 tbs chia seeds ice blend!



Beanfields Bean&Rice Chips 4grms protein
per serve (Nacho) Morning Star Spicy Chipolte
Black bean burger (Costco) Yummy!
The Power Of Protein for Women!

Rethink protein It's not all about being a carnivore and Protein Shakes!

I'm quickly discovering the benefits of having a diet loaded with protein.  I'm  a vegetarian and up until recently I only thought of getting protein through nuts, beans, legumes and yogurt.  "Seek and Ye Shall find" I had no ideal all of the many foods out there loaded with protein that  actually taste really good!  I swapped my yogurt for keifer (evolve 8oz) 15 grms of protein (plain) I also swapped soy burgers for spicy black bean (17 grms) per burger.  As a result of more protein in my diet my skin looks better, my hair is growing longer and healthier and my belly fat seems to be melting finally!






Fresh Pinapple & Strawberries 8oz Evolve Keifer (plain) 15 grms protein
 & Nature Valley Protein Crunchy Granola (Dark Chocolate & Oats)
  10 grms per Serving




Before: Video 8/18 Starting Nutrition Plan:

Ok so I took a Video on 8/19 but the file is too big so it won't post on the blog...I did take pictures tho I will keep trying to edit the video so that I can Post it!
Before 8/19

8/19







I Do not like Diets...Not at all!  I don't even like the word diet!  The word "diet" is such a mind game it says,  your Good (Yay You!!) if you stay on it and your Bad (You stink,Failure no self control) if you don't!!! Say What?!  Come on people we can do better !!   Do the work and educate yourself on  being healthy because you are loved and you are worth it!   If you want cake...Eat the cake Change your mind about  "what's good"  make a new definition about what good food is.   Give your body good fuel so that you can live your best life ever...like Now!!!  I was a non-believer too I exercised a lot and ate whatever I wanted with no accountability because I was working it off!!   Well that left me Skinny Fat, malnourished and working hard to get my booty & shape back!!  Go figure!!   This is my Before and After Video W/pictures showing the difference of what good nutrition can do.  I'm eating great food now and I feel satisfied,  look below at all the food I have been eating too!    Who knew!!!!!  Progress from 8/18 to 9/12


After 9/12 Eating Better!

After 9/12

 Eating Better and Feeling great,  A good day Starts with Breakfast!
Pineapple Power Protein Smoothie
8oz Evolve Kiefer 15 grms Protein (Plain) 1Cup
Pinapple Juice, Camu Pdwr, Chia Seeds
Frozen Pineapples & Cherries!
Yum!
Pineapple Power Protein Smoothie
Yum! Create your own Protein Shake

1 boiled Egg Special K (Protein)
10 grms per serv 3/4 cup Coconut Drink
Bananna

Egg Whites W/Veggies Cooked in Nutiva  Red Palm & Coconut
Oil Organic (healthy Fats!)!
Ozery Big Bun 7grms of Protein per
Bun

Qiuck Oats Coconut milk
walnuts, cinnamon & raisins
Egg Whites Cooked in Nutiva  Red Palm & CoconutOil Organic (healthy Fats!) Avacado grape tomatoes
on a Ozery Big Bun W/7 grms of protein in the bun!














5 comments:

  1. I tried to post twice... I think it's user error! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. okay i'm going to try it again... I had initially posted on how proud I am of you and to thank you for your candor in your raw emotions on everything! I admire you on so many levels!!

    Secondly, I wanted to say you are eating very healthy and that is nice to see! I lost 40 pounds doing weight watchers mostly by changing how I ate and very minimal exercise. I would go on walks but not consistently. I gained back 20 because of some health issues. Now I'm trying to get back into it again but it is so much harder this time around. This is not a diet... it's a lifestyle change which I need to remember the next time I reach for the chips... LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sylvia you are SO Sweet! Thank you!! I appreciate your kind words they are so reassuring. I love that you are still on your path to getting where you want to be...never stop because you will have the victory! I love chips too!! I found A really good chip alt I'll post a pic they have 4 grms of protein/fiber per serve, vegan, gluten free, Non GMO give them a try....pretty yummy too!! P.S. Walking is good! Glad we are figuring this out together!

      Delete
  3. Ok this is my second time posting let me know if it worked! This blog is so important. I love how it covers all of my concerns as a wife, and mother, and most of all a woman.. I have 9 1/2 more weeks till I have the baby and I already gained 21lbs so I will be watching this blog closely..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Paula congrats to you on the baby and only 9 1/2 weeks to go.. you're in the home stretch!! 21lbs is really good most women gain like 50 plus lbs so you must be doing something right!!:) Thank you so much for your kind words about the blog I really appreciate it!! As women we gotta stay connected, encourage, love and support each other on this journey called life!!! Thank you again!! Love & Blessings

      Delete