Translate

Thursday, January 8, 2015

So Stylish



My 90's Tie
Tye's are not just for the Fella's

So Sharp but sassy

I have had this mannequin in my room for months with one of my old tie's from the 90's on it for inspiration.  My bestie and I thought we were so cool back in the day when we rocked ties with a crisp white button down shirt and jean shorts!  We were so cool (lol) my BFF had a black and white snoopy tie and I had this multi -colored one.  I love fashion outside of the box, do your own thing!!


Etsy Mint Bow Tie $7.58


Fun and Free

Dot Striped Choas Sunglasses
Dr Jay's $4.99
I'm a sucker for polka dots... I just love them!   Wearing polka dots can be so fun,  it screams I'm free and unafraid of a bold print/pattern!  I know that we are in the dead of winter right now in most places, even though it's extremely cold the sun still shines :)!  Some of us are facing COLD weather in the teens...even below 0 yikes!!)  Lift your spirits up and beat the winter blues by being fabulous, free and WARM with polka dots!

Suede Polka Dot Chuck Taylor
$39.99

Old Navy Polka Dot Sweater
$29
 

Winter Chic
Work It!  Love the Coat and the Gray Boots!!!
With Love from Kat
 
TopShop Faux Fur Bomer Jacket
$65

 


Dress you Up!!
Tassel Necklace by Red Earth

Choosing a simple accessory like a necklace can change your entire look.  A necklace can take a simple pair of jeans and t-shirt and transform it  into something kinda special.

Statement Necklace Natasha Romona
$88 Dillards

Double Bar Necklace
Love Culture $6.95













Black & Turquoise bib $125

Gray is a wonderful neutral that you can wear with anything!
Add brightness to your basic's by making gray an alternative to black!
 
Adoria Jewelry $40 Etsy

 
Ashley Stewart Asymmetrical Sweater
$38
Gray Matters
Gray Knee High boots LuLu's $43
Free People Gray Hoodie



 
 
It's Cold outside but your still a 10!
Stylish cold weather cutie!!

Rebdolls Dime Hoodie $33.40




 

So fun!!  Happy new You Year!!! 

Black Sequin Shorts H&M $15

Casual Chic New Years Look!


 
 
70's Retro Chic
Multi Playsuit in large floral print asos $30.32
love the back!
70's Chic Glammed up!
 
Snake Choker Chain w/loops $16 FTF
 
 
 
Wrap it Up!!

 Looking to try something new? Having a bad hair day or no time for a fancy doo???...Try wrapping it up!

Easy Wrapped w/Style


Sassy Turban!

Sequins Head Wrap Charming Charlie $13
  
Brown Chunky Knitted Wrap Etsy $29
 
Holiday Hair Tinsel

Hair Tinsel has been around for quite some time, It's a classic oldie but goodie.  If done correctly it can look amazing like the looks pictured below have fun with your style and add a little tinsel to your life... you glow girl!!


How to Do hair Tinsel
Colorful Tinsel

So Pretty Bling Strands!


 
Amazing on the  Hips
 
Belts are making a comeback and not just for holding up your jeans!  Wearing a oversized belt can do wonders for your shape, It can create a waist and make you look more shapely.  A belt can also make a huge style statement or add interest or boldness to any outfit!
Black Night Bouquet $56.99
Belts create the shape!!
Belts loves curves!!!





 
Let the Giving begin... Christmas themed gifts!!

Snowflake Rings
You bring the gifts T-Shirt Ashley Stewart
$20.70


Ugly Christmas Sweater Earrings $10
Paper pattern Silk Etsy


 






Brown Cabled Leg Warmer

Hip 80's Style Leg Warmers!
Hip Boots and Leg Warmers

 
 
 
 
I love the 80's this was my time!!  I grew up during this era and loved everything about it..the music, creativity and of course the fashion!!  My favorite TV show from the 80's was Fame, I wanted to move to NYC and become a dancer like Leroy and Coco and go to the School of arts!  One major fashion trend from the 80's were leg warmers everyone including me wore them!!  One of my favorite movies from the 80's was Flashdance and Pretty in Pink.  I love that you no longer need to be a dancer in the studio to wear leg warmers.  They are so stylish with boots, heels or even flats!  This is one 80's classic that I'm always happy to see come back!!
Neon Pink Leg Warmers! Extreme 80's.com



Stay Fabulous!
Free People Dress $168
Steve Madden Pump $105


  
Warm up With Style
Plaid Blanket Scarf $29.94 Express
The weather has officially changed to cold.. It's time to break out your warm winter gear.  Keep your winter wear stylish and chic with these fabulous winter trends!  These items also make a great last minute gift grab too...Bundle up with style! 
Wool Blend Coat H &M $99
Echo Rabbit Fur Pom-Pom $43.50
Bloomingdales

Vfrass Zigzag Wrap J.C Pennys $33



 
 
Ripped Jeans over 40??  When to let it go!
Right now I'm so into wearing my ripped jeans and boy are they ripped.... borderline ripped/raggedy lol!!  They are the real deal a vintage pair of classic Levi's with a Aztec tribal border fringe on the bottom (Love them!!!) I bought these jeans over 15 years ago in NYC for $110 bucks!!  I had these jeans folded and packed away for years...they had become so worn and a little too revealing, I was a little on the fence about wearing them.  I know that there are so many rules about being too old to wear certain things and that you should leave it to youngsters, just let it go!! I'm 44 and in NO way trying to recapture my youth by wearing certain clothes.  I know that sometimes it looks so desperate and thristy when you see us 40+ gals rocking trends that just don't work for us!!!! (lol) somebody's Mama looking Crazy and embarrassing eek!   I think as long as you flip the style and keep it sassy but classy I think it's possible to re-age certain looks.  I just want to feel good and look great embracing me and my style without trying too hard...I think It can be totally do-able within reason!!  What do you think?  I'm so curious to hear your opinion on this??  Do certain things have an expiration date once you reach a certain age? Let me see how you rock that style that most say oh no too???  Send pictures too, let's talk about it!!!

Torrid tam-er Ripped jeans
$54.98
 
JLO Ripped Jeans and
Middrift top





 
Gift Guide under $25
Best Thing Every!! It has everything
a girl needs in it!  I keep this
in my purse great gift!!
$18 Nordstrom
 

#Hipster pillow
$13 Gifts.com

 

Chocolate Bacon Brittle
$9.95 gifts.com

Coach Rollerball Perfume $25
Coach


Holiday Gift Ideas!!

Ugg Australia Headphone wired ear-muffs $75 Neiman Marcus


Fur-Pompom Beanie $65
Neiman Marcus


Faux Fur Teal Stole $59 Bteshome
Etsy

 





















The Weather outside is frightful but these warm cozy coats are delightful!
It's getting chilly out there Burrrr.. Time to pull out the Parkas, Pea-coats and faux furs!  Bundling up has never been more stylish, be bold be bright and button up!! Make a statement...be you!


Members Only
Urban Outfitters $229



Love the splash of color..Leather & Fur
 

Cush Tee's $18

  
Love the leather Bomber with the Hot Tee

Bye Felicia!! Phone case Stay Stylish!
$38 Pencil Me in Stationary Etsy


















Go Army Boots!
Uggs Army Boot
There are some things that never go out of style! I really love the edge of a army boot the more zippers , buckles, spikes and studs the better! It gives you that cool, edgy I'm hip look!
Guess Combat boots
Macy's $79.00


Warm, comfy but stylish!

Lucky Brand Dallis Moto
Boot Dillards $99



 

Happy Holiday Dresses

http://www.shoprumandcoke.com/products?page=2
Rum+Coke Lynn dress $110
Tis the season!  I hope your season is filled with lots of getting dolled up and going out to some fabulous parties!  Get your shine on and glow honey no reason for all black when there is so many glamouros options to choose from!!  I really love the Rum & Coke and Rebdolls 2014 Holiday collection.. So Sexy and Stunning!!
Rum+Coke Mistletoe dress
$140


http://rebdolls.com/?s=grisel&post_type=product&ref=9
The Fantasy Dress Grisel $47.00


http://www.shoprumandcoke.com/products?page=1
Rum+Coke Toni $200

The Fabulous Cape
Sossy Originals Etsy $350
Wearing a cape is so dramatic and fabulous darling....It makes me feel like I'm all fancy and sophisticated n stuff!! I love a great cape I think it adds a touch of class and style to any outfit.

Love the Blue Vintage BOHO
Cobalt blue Poncho Cape $48
The Galway Girrl Etsy
 









STREET STYLE
I love street style!  It's all about being bold and capturing the looks put together by you!!  Check out this short faux fur jacket, such a hot trend for winter 2014 go bold with a pop of color too!


NYC Street Style

Harlem Street Style


London Street Style


Winter Brights paired w/a short pleated
leather mini tights & boots!

Crazy For Color!!!


 

I'm getting Crazy for color lately!!!  Hair, Nails, Clothes you name it I'm so inspired by all of the different looks.  There is no excuse for sitting back and being plain!
No Wall flower here...Short and Sassy Blond!

Crazy Bold!!!




Hip Nail ART
Do you dare??
So Chic

All Time Classic!

Simple but Pretty!

So cool Junk Food Junkie!!

Rediscovering Leggings
Leggings all dressed up

 The older I get the more I appreciate simple easy fashion.  Simple and easy not boring or plain, fuss free!  I feel like I'm at my best when I'm comfortable but stylish and knowing that there is more to life than just blue jeans!!  Recently I have re-discovered leggings and I am embracing them.  I love the fact that you can dress leggings up or down and every shape and size can look fantastic in them!  The extra bonus is that they compliment your figure too!
 
Stylish Looks w/leggings

 
 Mr Telephone Man...loves My Adidas!!

Betsy Johnson Kitchi Telephone
$88.00
I remember when phones really did look like this!  Thanks Betsy Johnson for bringing back this blast from the past!  I also love these updated Adidas by Stella McCartney, casual chic for all of the hip fashionistas. Make a bold but playful statement with these old school favorites!!
Stella McCartney for Adidas
$140

Hip Jewelry

Mama nameplate necklace
$100

I came across this really hip, fun Jewelry line created by sisters Brandi & Kelly called Bueno Bueno. I love the inspiration and creativity behind this line so fun.  It would also make a wonderful gift for the holidays too!


Key Necklace $50

 






Custom ID Ring $65.00


Stylish winter hats
Sexy Warm Beanie

I love a beanie or a cute winter hat!!  It's warm, practical and keeps your head/hair covered.  This is a really cute way to dress up the regular old beanie, It's so simple but Fly I love it!
 







Find your perfect Winter Hat style

Stylish Orange Winter Knit Hat by Ebruk
$49.00 Etsy

Jannio Winter Hat Etsy $85.00

 

11/18/14
Waist Trainers..Do they Work?
Orchard Corsets

My sister-in law recently had a baby, my cutie patootie BRAND NEW nephew!!  She asked me my thoughts about waist training?  Being a new mommmy and wanting to get back to body before baby is something that we can all relate too (even tho I think she looks great).  I have heard about waist training before.. many say that they really work!!  Some say the results are temporary, that you do see changes but the changes don't last.  I like most of you have watched the videos and tutorials about the legitimacy of waist training but I don't know enough about it to give it 2 thumbs up?  Waist trainers are something you wear underneath your clothes or while workingout, cinching (tightening) your middle to make it smaller over time. 


Blac China and Kim K. Waist training
 

Celebs like the Kardashians and Blac China swear by their teeny tiny little waist that cinchers really do work. It's so hard to say, I don't know for sure if it's true or not?  When I think of  waist cinching I think about  the Victorian days when women wore corsets.  Although they did have incredibly small waist, those smaller waist came with a price.  According to my research for a lot of women during that era wearing corsets were extremely miserable and totally uncomfortable... I have read about horrible bruising, broken ribs etc.. not fun at all!!  I'm glad to see that things have changed!


I do have a stretchy waist band that I wear when working out, it causes me to sweat a lot in my abs, releasing water retention.  I wear it to have a smaller waist and to accentuate my curves.  I have not tried a official corset/waist trainer myself but I would love to know if any of you have and what kind of results have you gotten from wearing it?
 

 



11/15/14
Tamar Braxton's new Clothing Collection
Wow this girl has been busy!!  She has a successful music career, she's the co-host of the newly ranked #1 daytime talk show The Real,  She's a Reality T.V queen (Braxton family Values, Tamar & Vince) New mommy and now add Designer to her resume too!  This collection launched only days ago and the buzz is good!  The line has everything from casual looks to evening wear. Check it out!! www.tamarcollection.com 

Tamar Braxton Collection


Evening Wear and Shoes Too!
 
11/14/14
Casual Weekend.. Wear Plaid!
Plaid Button-Up Shirt Olive & Oak
$59.00 LuLu's







Roxy Multi- Plaid Shirt $49.00
LuLu's

11/13/14
Stylish Rainy Days...
I won't be chasing the rainy days away with these hip rain boots!
Dav Hunter Ombre Boots Amazon
$79.95


Polka Dot Rain Boots Amazon
$42.00



11/12/14
Fall Trend Braided Hair

 
Braid Piercing refinery29.com
I wear 2 French braids in my hair at least a couple of times per week always.. So knowing it's a trend makes me kinda giggle!   For the past couple of years braids have been part of my easy-to-do hairstyle especially during and after work-outs.  Another reason I love braids besides being easy to do, is that it gives me and my curly fro a break from each other!! Lol!   Braided hair is easy style at its best for me and  for so many others.  Even tho they say that braids are a current fall trend braids are always in fashion because the styles are forever evolving always bringing something new and hot like Braid Piercing!

 
Creative Head
Black Braided hairstyles

11/11/14
Retro Magazine Clutch Purse
Magazine Clutch purse Marshalls $22.00
I totally believe in the power of drawing things you desire into your life...Case in point;  Several months ago I searched the internet high and low looking for one of those folded in half magazine clutch purses popular in the 80's.  I was on a mission, this purse was one of the first things I bought when I was in the 7th or 8th grade.   This purse was so stylish, hip and cute,  I'm not even  sure why I ever got rid of them?   I owned a light purple magazine clutch purse and a Vogue magazine cover clutch purse.. they were so cool and I of course thought I was so cool too (lol).  My frustrations got the best of me as my internet search grew cold.  I eventually did find several magazine clutch purses but the prices were ridiculous, especially for the retro ones!  Well folks my search is over while looking through the clearance rack way tucked in the back (I think someone was hiding it) guess what was there...2 magazine clutch purses!!  Yes I did say 2.  Amazing how things work, it may not be when you want it but always right on time!  I'm so excited, just in time for the Slick Rick concert next week yippee!!!
https://www.etsy.com/listing/98404877/dain-street-art-inspired-magazine-clutch?ref=related-2
Etsy Magazine Clutch $45.00


11/10/14
Shearling Vest
Halle Berry
 Ok I have been seeing Shearling vest everywhere from Macy's to Ross and on every celebrity form Rhianna to Halle Berry .  It's such a hot trend right now but to me it still seems like a practical one I could get into. I like the fact that It's stylish and sophisticated plus it's an easy layer to add or to peel out of.  Unlike other trends this season this style is ageless and chic!!
Rhianna







11/8/14
Work Out in Style
Nike Hyperwarm Training

Nike Holiday Collection


http://store.nike.com/us/en_us/pd/studio-mid-pack-three-part-footwear-system/pid-1543056/pgid-1543059
Nike Mid 3 Part Footwear System $135
I don't know about you but my work-out clothes are in desperate need of an upgrade.  When I work-out I'm strictly business, sweaty, messy hair and crazy clothes.  Now I  do know that it's all about the workout and not the clothes!  Since we have so many options in sportswear it's not a bad idea to start intergrading great workout pieces in your  WO stash..Why not look kinda cute while getting your sweat on!  I don't know about you but when I workout I sweat a lot!!!!   So for me wearing just a t-shirt, sweatpants or a sweatshirt  is not the best option,  the best option when you sweat is wicked workout gear.  Over time non-wicked clothes simply don't last, plus the smell is a little gross.  I love the holiday collection from Nike, it's stylish and functional.  I  love the three part footwear system especially the foot straps, they are perfect for yoga or kickboxing class, it would also be great for working out at home.

11/7/14
Sexy Jeans

City Chic Wet Stretched
Skinny Jeans Nordstrom $79.95



I'm a confessed jeans girl every day all day! Sometimes a girls gotta switch the game up every now and then to keep things fresh and new!  I think these super sexy Wet Stretch Skinny Jeans by City Chic are a great sexy alternative your daily denim duds.


 
11/4/14
Ombre Tights
Handmade Pecock Blue Ombre tights by Ko-Ko
UK
I so love this!!!  We all know about Ombre hair but what about Ombre tights?!  It seems like it's pretty easy to do sort of like Tye-dye, I'm going to give it a try and let you know how easy it really is??..On a later post.  Check out these handmade Ombre tights in Pecock Blue by Ko-Ko
Love it!!
 
11/3/14



I don't consider this a trend because I think every woman should have a Biker Jacket as a "must have" staple in her closet.  A short faux leather jacket is an essential piece to every wardrobe.  A Biker Jacket is so versatile it can be dressed up or down and it can really pull together any look. With so many colors, options and styles to choose from it's easy to find a style suitable  just for you!  Be edgy be bold by adding this timeless fall staple into your collection!

Great with a Ruby Yaya Aari Scarf
$65.00 Shop Sustainable




 10/31/14
Happy Halloween!
Hey all you superhero's, witches and goblins Happy Halloween!   I hope you have the spookiest grooviest wonderful time ever!!  Playing dress up is so much fun, get creative and think outside of the box go crazy and have fun!!!  looks like her secret identity has been revealed...It's a Keeper of the home, It's a Cheer Mom..It's a Wife & Mother of 5...It's a Chef....It's...It's...Nope it's Superwoman!!! Go Girl!!!
Looking Good Super Woman!
Thanks Iris Happy Halloween!

 10/30/14
My Halloween Throwback
Me at the age of 19 working my Halloween Witch!  I hope to be a little more creative this year..What about you what are you going to be this year?   Please share your favorite Halloween photos with me I would love to post them!!  Enjoy your family and friends, Eat plenty of treats, do a little trick'in lol!!! AND have fun... life is short Be fearless!!!!!


10/28/14
 One of my favorite colors of all times is blue,  Nothing about this trend gives me the blues!  Style is all about what you bring to the party, embrace you and celebrate your style be confident and work it! 




10/23/14         You Have Pretty Hair!
Head Chain Freetobe by Jessica Etsy $16.50
I'm so happy to see that this trend has some staying power for 2014!  I love that hair jewelry is not just for weddings anymore. It's a do-able daily that adds pizzazz by accessorizing your hair!  I'm totally digging the oversized head scarf too!  The bold ethnic print looks very global chic!

st in Peace Oscar De La Renta
10/22/14
Add bold brights to your fall wardrobe!
LUST Have!! Gucci Leather Neon grren Sneakers
$698

10/17/14
Fall 2014
Deals...Deals...Deals...




Navy & White Tribal Dress 8hr sale Zulily 
$17.99

I received an  email alert on this very cute tribal dress from Zulily.com   Zulily is having a weekend shopping sale/special.  This dress is super cute and it's a steal for only $17.99! Not to mention it's a hot trend for 2014 global chic!  This dress would work wonderfully on its own or with a pair of leggings.  You can dress it up or down complete the look and then kill it!!!  On sale this weekend only, free shipping too!
 

Dress up the tribal dress with a pair of tights
and these amazing Emilia metallics I'm diggin them in the sliver vs. gold...for a night out
on the town look... So sex in the city!
Or go  with a casual Vintage 70's tan slouchy
suede boot!
Hot Shoe Alert!
Coach Rubber Sole wedge boots



Just Cavalli's Colorful Suede Knee High and Ankle Boots

Purple Hair Anyone?




www.pinkorg.com
Purple hair is all the rage right now everyone is doing it from Nicole Ritchie to my Sister-In-Law!  Purple is subtle enough for most to pull off especially if you have dark hair.  Not sure how I feel about it for me.. but I found these bold purple locks that are looking Kinda Fierce!!






blackwomensnaturalhairstyles.com

www.pinterest.com

veliop.com

www.box-braids.com



Fall Fashion 2014

Oooh So Stylish.......
Lisa Bonet aka Denise Huxtable
I have always loved fashion for as long as I can remember,  even when my style was in great need of the fashion police!!    My closet today is such an eclectic mix of my every mood and fashion statement for the moment.  I don't really have a defined style these days because the older I get I embrace my desire for unique things that make a statement.    I have always dressed  "Bohemian" even before it became a style category.  I swore to my friends that the writers of the Cosby show sent spies to follow me around so that they could copy my clothing for Denise Huxtable's look on the show!!  Ok I  know what you're thinking but hey,  I was only 14 so cut me a little slack on that one!  Style and fashion to me is your own unique look.... You tell the story you create the style!


Me Age 16


I don't do "trends" but I must Say What I do love about  2014 fashion is that it feels very Global...from beautiful bold  colors all the way to neutrals and soft romantic looks




*Brights, Highlighter brights, jewels, industrials, neutrals, romantics and soft!










London Street Style 2014

7 comments:

  1. When I am an old woman I shall wear purple
    With a red hat that doesn't go, and doesn't suit me,
    And I shall spend my pension
    on brandy and summer gloves
    And satin sandals,
    and say we've no money for butter.
    I shall sit down on the pavement when I am tired,
    And gobble up samples in shops and press alarm bells,
    And run my stick along the public railings,
    And make up for the sobriety of my youth.
    I shall go out in my slippers in the rain
    And pick the flowers in other people's gardens,
    And learn to spit.
    You can wear terrible shirts and grow more fat,
    And eat three pounds of sausages at a go,
    Or only bread and pickle for a week,
    And hoard pens and pencils and beer mats
    and things in boxes.
    But now we must have clothes that keep us dry,
    And pay our rent and not swear in the street,
    And set a good example for the children.
    We will have friends to dinner and read the papers.
    But maybe I ought to practise a little now?
    So people who know me
    are not too shocked and surprised,
    When suddenly I am old
    and start to wear purple!

    Jenny Joseph

    ReplyDelete
  2. Errmm…. Can you see me raising my hands, me me me!!! Hmm… where do I start – I have been wearing waist cinchers, spanx, flexees for years. They have not cinched my waist any, however, they do support my back by pulling in my gut and ensuring my posture is right. A couple of years ago I had a wedding to attend, so I had my seamstress make me a dress. One thing about Missy is she can sew BUT her stuff is always on the tight side, so I always make sure she adds an inch or two, else I won’t be able to sit let alone eat or breathe. The dress she made was really lovely but I had an issue with my belly sticking out too much, oh she had an answer alright. She sent me on a treasure hunt to this open market to buy a waist cincher extraordinaire. (Sigh) it worked so well, I wore it out and have gone back to buy two more. It immediately sucks you in and you look inches smaller, no joke. The inner lining is fabric but the outer seems like it’s made from the rubber of a car tire, hey, I was desperate when I first got it, but it works. I can’t remember the manufacturer; it’s made from Brazil I think, I save that for fancy outings. For every day wear I like Flexees waist nipper firm control. If you get the wrong size and wear it too long, yes it will hurt you. Spanx is not my favorite, I don’t like getting into anything that constricting. I just found another one online that am going to try, Vikoros waist cincher, I’ll see. It’s a small price to pay to look good in an outfit, am all for it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is great info!!!! I'm getting excited about this now! I remember sneaking and wearing my grandma's girdles when I was younger lol!!! It made me look foxy and shapely..poof belly be gone.. The only problem It was TOTALLY uncomfortable & itchy! I love that you gave us names too.. this is awesome I will be looking into this tonight!! Thank you :) Please update us on the Vikoros waist cincher too!

      Delete
  3. Thank you for some other informative website. The place else may just I get that kind of information written in such a perfect method? I have a venture that I am simply now running on, and I’ve been at the glance out for such info. stylish winter boots

    ReplyDelete