Translate

Thursday, January 8, 2015

Getting My Booty Back!




Early Morning Time to Work-Out!


Hi Everyone I wanted to give you all a update on my fitness journey.  I took some back shots but they came out so dark. While taking the photos I was kinda surprised to see how my arms are developing  from doing push-up (yay!) As my journey continues working on my core seems to be the hardest place for me to tackle and see results,... even with a mostly clean diet. I have had gains to my glutes tho, I  had to laugh today while running for the first time in a couple of months (after doing resistance training only)..things seemed to be a little more wiggly back there (lol). It's ok because I feel healthy, happy, stronger and juicy like a woman is suppose to be!


I think I see a muscle!



Sorry It's so dark!














Happy New Year!!
See Ya Scale (Peace Out)!!!



I feel so happy and blessed to have made it to see another year!  As the work continues I just want to say that I have embraced no longer living by my scale..I got rid of it (months ago) and it feels amazing.  I judge myself based on how I feel and look when I stand in front of the mirror.  No more judging myself by what the number on the scale says hallelujah!!  It's freedom at its best, just to show you how tricky the scale can be take a look at the photos below.  Pretty amazing!!!  Now that the holidays are over, like many of you I had my fair share and then some of treats!!  Why?? well.. because it's the holidays and that's what we do!!  Enjoying good food family and friends is so wonderful and I would never sacrifice that for being so restrictive about my diet.  For me, I Eat clean (mostly) and I don't sweat the treats every now and then...no biggie!!  Lift weights (strength train) and get moving not because you're on a diet or a weight loss program do it because you have decided that you want to be healthy and look & feel amazing for as long as you have life and breath....Don't let life and circumstances decide for you!  As always,  you determine what looks and feels good  (according to YOU) because what that looks like is different for all of us.  God bless you if you are continuing journey or just getting started, be kind to yourself and others,...train and be committed like a BEAST!!!
123lbs     132lbs    137lbs
 




Amazing HIIT!! Sweating mandatory!!  Get your jump rope ready best part this workout is only 20 minutes!! Follow the link below!
Awesome HIIT great at home workout!By Fitness Model Melissa!! A++ Only 20 min!



Update 12/16/14
 
I can finally see that my waist and back are
getting trimmer and my butt is more lifted I'm happy with the changes I'm seeing.... feeling good!



www.lmcfitness.com

 













Stay Motivated and don't give up!! You Are Worth It!!!












Targeted Glute excercises
Superman Booty Lifts


 





















Resistance Band workouts


P90X 3lvl Resistance Bands
Walmart $19.99


I don't get the chance often (rarely) to go to the gym and workout with heavy weights.  I do have weights at home but not the really heavy ones.. nor do I have any special equipment at home.  I rely solely on workout videos, scanning the web for exercises or T.V shows for great at home workouts.  From all of the research I've done it seems that major glute/muscle building requires lifting heavy weights for substantial growth.  Since all of my workouts are at home, I'm always looking for new challenging ways to fire up and fatigue my glutes, plus I do believe in the whole muscle confusion thing....Gotta mix it up!  Like I always say I'm no expert,  just a woman at home on a mission looking to do whatever I can to get my body/booty back.   Sharing the journey with you tracking the ups and downs has been really rewarding, super embarrassing and scary!!!(lol) It's good for me to walk this walk facing my fears transparently!  Resistance bands are almost always a guaranteed "I'm gonna be sore" the next day butt kick workout for me.  I like that the bands provide resistance and make the workout a lot more challenging since I don't have heavy weights.  You can purchase whatever resistance level band that works for you, low intensity to extreme resistance!  Here are some glute resistance band workouts worth giving a try!  I found these on

Side Step Standing up, with the band around your ankles, step your right leg out to the side and squat down. Then put your feet back together. Step out to the side with your left leg and squat. Then, back together. Repeat. This works the biggest muscles in your entire body -- the thighs, glutes and adding your arm movement will get the heart rate up even more.

Thigh Master Place the band just above the knees. Stand with heels together, hands on your hips, slightly bent knees and raise your heels just two inches off the floor. Squat down one more inch and start to press the knees out, in, out, in, etc.

Thighs and Glutes Lay on your side on the floor. Loop the resistance band around your thighs. Rest onto the forearm that's on the ground, keeping your legs stacked one on top of the other, knees bent in like a zig-zag. Lift your top leg up and down, up and down. Repeat on the other side.



Get Moving Again!
Hitting the streets in Rain, sleet
snow or cold no exceses and it feels good!
As much as I loved Thanksgiving and all of the crazy time and preparation of the food for my loved ones and family,  I was more than happy to get back to my normal exercise/food routine.  Eating all of those rich yummy foods reminded me of how far I have come.  I can enjoy those things once a year and I'm OK, It's strange but I missed my daily grind...my body missed it too, I know that I could not stay there for too long!!  Lately It's been cold, wet and dreary in my neck of the woods but my dog Bella and I could care less! :)  Life is good.. so glad to be back, able to do what I do It's a healthy part of my life that feeds my soul. Neither one of us (Bella & Me) are complaining!  I'm back to hitting the streets and I couldn't be happier God is good..this is my new normal and for that I'm truly thankful!


  

Getting a Bigger Butt Naturally with no Tricks!!



 Hi Everyone!   Boy, It has definitely been a journey on getting this booty back and I'm still on it!!  I wish I could say the journey has been easy or that it's happened super fast like in a month or two but that simply isn't true.  The truth of the matter is that it takes a lot of dedication and hard work...(commitment & exercise) combined with diet and nutrition to see results.  I finally conclude that good nutrition 85% of the time is the main source for getting results, combined with exercise .  I was in denial about this for years..I now believe it's the only way to get where you want to be, no magic pills.   Guess what?  You have got to eat more food too...Not more junk food,  but good food like fruits, veggies, protein and less sugar.  The stuff that I have been posting on "Eat this" has really been a food diary (mostly) of what I've been eating.  I also want to say that results take time, stop thinking everything happens fast because it doesn't... it's not realistic and it sets you up for disapointment.  Just as long as it takes to lose that booty/body expect for it to take time to get it back!! As I'm approaching my 6 month marker I'm here to answer the question that I have asked myself at the beginning of this crazy journey!  Is it possible to grow a bigger booty?  Well here are my most recent results.



  




11/18/14
Booty Update
Growing Stronger!!
Sorry for the horrible Photo
It's coming back!! Yippee :)















11/14/15
Kim Kardashian Vs. Me Getting my Booty Back Beef!!!
Click here to see actual photo. Is it Real or fake?
By now we have all seen the Paper Magazine Photos crashing the internet everywhere of Kim K's full frontal nudity and the famous booty shot!  Ok Ladies I need for you to sound off with me here because I'm calling foul on this one!!  On a older post I gave major props to Kim K, Nikki Ménage and Jen Seltzer because they represent our cultures (including me) obsession with having a nice round curvy bubble butt.  I'm no hater I think Kim K is so beautiful with an insane body to match I'm not mad at her at all... the pictures just do not seem real to me???  Her frame seems way too small to support a booty like that, a thicker woman can pull it off because she can support the load since she's thick all over.   I've been on my booty building journey for a while now and truth be told  I've gotten thicker everywhere especially in the hip and thigh area (not complaining tho I like it!!!)  I heard on the television today that both Kim and Nikki have admitted to getting help (surgery) to achieve their bootylicious backsides,  now if that's true who cares..do you,  just be real about it!    This journey that I'm on is extremely hard, weight training and proper nutrition without exception.. it's no joke!   I must say that their ain't enough squatting in the world that's going to get your booty looking like that picture.  It's been almost a year since I've been working at this and trust me it's not easy..the gains take a long time and the progress is slow.  I just needed to rant a little because the struggle is real just saying...I'm so over it though...Back to hitting the weights!!!

 Love & Bubble Booty's


11/5/14
Booty/Body Update!

10/29

10/29


I have been a little off... It's been about a week since I lifted any heavy weights, life is happening and there are not enough hours in my day :(  Missing the weights getting back to it tho!!
 

10/18
 


10/28/14


It's almost the end of October and I can really start to see a difference in the way my body is responding to lifting heavier weights,  my shape is changing it's looking much trimmer and things are definitely starting to grow!
10/22
10/18/14
Booty Update

Building the sides of my glutes are going
well.
Ok I have to honestly admit that this getting my booty back journey is a lot harder than I ever imagined...but I'm dedicated and determined!  This morning Saturday 10/18 I got up early (7:15am) to drive across town to attended a booty blast workout class.  The class lasted for 1 hour and  it specifically addressing the lower body (booty) with weights and circuit training.  The trainer for the class Lupe was incredible, she was so energetic, positive and supportive!  Lupe really pushed me and always checked in to make sure my form was good!  I reached out to a trainer (Lupe) for guidance just to make sure that I'm staying on the right track and doing the right things.  As far as the bigger booty progress well It's slow...but that's ok because  Everyday more and more I love my shape!!  I feel healthy, tone and juicier!!  Juicy is good....well (to me anyway lol!!)  The work continues... the building progress is slow... but I'm in it for the long haul!  I would love to hear about any of your tips, tricks or proven secrets  that are working for you!  As a side note I asked my Dr. if it's really possible to build a bigger butt and he said yes,  it is possible.  My Dr. said that you have to target all of the muscles in the glutes... Gluteus minimus, Gluteus medius, Gluteus maximus in every area to create and build a super shapely booty! 
Building and plumping up the back glute muscles
have been much harder to do!
Squat Challenges do they really work?

Jen Seltzer


 










I found this really interesting article on the  Angry Trainer it's a good read and it addresses a lot of the questions that I have asked myself about glute development and building better glutes.  The thing that I walked away with from this article is that the bottom line( no pun intended)  is that genetics are the most important factor in determining the shape and size of your butt (without surgery).   You can however make the shape of your butt better by doing squats and adding weights.  Side Note...As my shape is getting better curvier, some muscles less of a (rectangle) I feel so much more confident, sexy & beautiful!  Nutrition has played a big part in this journey too, I really feel great without even giving my booty a second thought!!  Discovery... I'm learning every day, so the journey continues!
 
The Butt Chart!


 It's a journey embrace it all Lol!!
Where are you on the
 Booty Chart!!


 














10/4
Booty Update!
Starting to see some Changes!!!  Yippee!  Finally Some results!       Since my last "Get my Booty Back" picture was taken in June I wanted to give a "booty back" update.  At the time when I took that picture I really wasn't that focused on my nutrition.   I starting to taper off on my dirty little running and cardio queen ways, and began focusing on resistance training.  I'm now doing exercises that target my glutes and of course better nutrition.  In the beginning I noticed immediately that I was starting to pick up weight ugh....not so happy!  It makes total since because I was still eating the same (not enough good stuff) and burning less calories.  In my mind I was very hopeful that I was starting to build muscle!  This of course made me worry because I certainly did not want to gain weight really after working so hard for years to keep the weight off!    My body had to adjust to no longer burning 300-1100 calories per day all cardio.  After doing a lot of research online and trying to filter good information from the bad , I was really left more frustrated than anything!   After doing another round of The Brazilian Butt lift video (Beach Body) which unfortunately did Not work for me the 1st or 2nd go around, I decided to go another direction.  I still love Beach body P90X is the absolute TRUTH and Insanity is off the charts!  Results guaranteed!   I guess for me after doing such a hard hitting results driven work out like P90X the BB Lift didn't deliver the glute workout that I was looking for.  It's a fun DVD challenging at first then It was no longer difficult.  I guess that's why it's called the BB Lift not the BB Growth and Shape video lol!  A lift is good of course, I am just looking for more...a  hardcore glute growing and shaping fitness program.  

 
6/19 Back  Running  alot left me Skinny
fat & flat! Not Shapley.
Starting to add strength Training
 
 
8/27  Staring to put on some
muscle I think? Eating better
W/good nutrition started that on 8/19
Whew starting to loose some lbs!

9/20 Still loosing weight starting to build muscle
now Yippee! Workout videos BB Lift
and Butt Bible gave me a lift
not really building glute muscle tho!! Ugh..
 
 
10/1 Ok doing my own thing & Feeling great!  Starting to look
more shapley not so square Yay! Muscle
building is so slow....but I do see changes
I'm very happy :) Look at the top for back shot
on 10/4 It's starting to slowly build!



Things that did not work for me

1.  The Brazilian Butt Lift video

2.  The Butt Bible by Pauline Nordine, So sore in the beginning, good hard work out and she is hilarious!!  but I did not get the 6wk result as promised. I followed It religiously too ( it did however give me great arms and Shoulders)

What is working for me Yay!!

1.  Proper Nutrition (Eat lots of good food, forget the Junk!)

2.  Back to the Basics like; push-ups (50 per day), leg lunges, squats w/correct form (so important) trust me if you are busting out a lot of squats check your form because they are not that easy to do the correct way! leg lifts, pile squats (ballet move) sit-ups with a ball (150 per day) dead lifts with weights and kettle bell.  Most important SQUEEZE that BOOTY for proper glute activation on every move!  Also walking my dog (3 miles every day) or running hills with her,  She loves It!

3.Gotta Start working on things that whittle my waist more to accentuate my Booty in progress!  I'm now going to start adding weights to all of the above hopeful the result will be good!

4. Get your mind wrapped around "Results take Time" no quick fixes be patient and do not quit or give up!

5. Rest!! Weekends I'm off

 
 




Photo taken 6/28/14
"Hips don't lie!" The  power of the Booty is real just ask Kim Kardashian, Nikki Ménage and the belfie queen herself Jen Selter!  Men drool and women envy over the perfectly plump shapely round bubble butt.  Let's face it The girls with the nice booty's are so winning right now because they know that they have the power!  WOW!!  Did I really just say that?  In public! A girl with the booty has the power!!  Well Yes I did and I feel so shallow about it but unfortunately it's kinda true! I'm gonna get a little deep about it so, I'll understand if you think my perspective is a little Whack!    I'm  just being real about it....real with you, and real with myself!    I know that not all butts are created equal and genetics play a huge part!  But how much of a part do they really play?  Can we bypass genetics to create the booty/shape that we really want?   Well I don't know!  Is it just the lies they tell to get us to purchase, like, subscribe or follow?........or oops my bad to buy the DVD!!   I'm so confused right now not to mention the information we receive changes daily!  I just don't know what to believe or try anymore, and I sure don't want my efforts to be in vein!    

For me I haven't given up because I so want to believe, because I once had a booty and now I want it back!!   To me it's just more pleasing and sexy to look at a woman's body that actually has a shape to it.  It's  not all about a teeny tiny waist,  no hips or curves and ba-BAM a big ole butt! What really?!   To me that actually looks a little  weird  kinda unnatural unless you lift weights and have muscles.   To have a "SHAPE" takes work  and not the kinda work you might think.   I too fell hard for the lies, and quickly lost sight of what I was doing!  The goal is always a healthy body, less fat,  more muscles and to feel sexy! (sexiness defined by me!)  right?   Well that should be the goal.  Instead I found myself Spending hours and I'm talking HOURS  Running like everyday (40 hrs per week)...Crazy!  I finally realized what I was doing was outta control, but not without consequence.  I unfortunately over trained my body and had no menstrual cycle for 7 months... I noticed this after running my 3rd marathon...Not good! So after that scared me straight, I traded that craziness for killing myself at the gym (taking 2-3 classes back to back) CARDIO Queen doing the most!  And last but definitely not least using machines and equipment at the gym ineffectively and totally incorrect.  Insane!  I had no clue what I was doing but that inner voice within me said what I was doing was not good!   So after all that my results were like this: I lost weight, did not eat enough, (malnourished) I aged myself (lost facial fat yikes! Looking old) and I literally ran my booty off... All of it!  GONE! Terrible!  Biggest mistake was that I was now Skinny Fat!   Yes I was slim, I looked great in clothes but me naked....not so pretty! Saggy boobs, (not perky and full) flabby flat wide booty (no muscle underneath the fat that I just ran off) and my core looked like loose skin clinging to fat screaming for help! Sad:(!!!...Not so sexy!! 

 In my mind I was in desperate need of a mommy makeover and quick!! (plastic surgery!! Really!  Was that the only option for me?...NO Shade here on the Plastic Surg... sometimes it's necessary!) But how could this be true? After how hard I was working!  Now that you've got the deeper portion of the story enough of that, because It is finished!  I am free!  I now know that I had to go through the storm (giving thanks) to learn a valuable lesson and to share what I have learned!   So now I'm moving ahead and getting down to business because right now it's all about the Booty,  not only do strong glutes look great they burn  major calories too!   Everywhere  you look on the web you will see all kinds of sites promising that you too can grow a nice Bubble Butt!   It makes sense to me since you can make muscles bigger, right?  Hey I'm no EXPERT just a regular woman on a mission.    I do think  it should be illegal to post lies online tho!!!  Everybody claims to be an "expert "  most of all a lot of the stuff out there is  misleading not to mention the disappointment of lack luster results and the waste of time and money!    Damn Media!  Let's fix this now NO MORE LIES!     I'm just going off of what is working and what does not work based on my experience.   I always try to find the good in whatever I do even if it did not live up to my expectations,  remember to stay positive and find a benefit in everything.   Here's my journey to Truth! 

Good Eats

Truth #1-  Nutrition- Nutrition is so important I learned this hard way,  Putting in a hard W-Out without following it with proper nutrition (by eating junk) is like self sabotage! Good Nutrition is the key to a healthy body and a great shape!

Truth #2-  You gotta move, do something break a sweat everyday if you can!!  It clears your mind helps you feel better, sleep better, better skin, good health....I could go on and on.  Cardio, running, weight lifting, walking, hiking, cycling all of it is good this is just my own personal journery to freedom and truth and what I have discovered along the way.   Whatever is working for you keeping doing it as long as it gives you what you need that's all that matters! 


Love & Blessings,
Ginell

 





No comments:

Post a Comment