Translate

Thursday, January 8, 2015

Urban Decor

RococcoLA Happy Elephant Shams
$44
Fall in Love with your Bed!
RococcLA Happy Elephant
Urban Outfitters $110 +25% off

 
I like to change things often, probably a lot more than my budget really allows so I have to get creative with my justifications! Duvet's are a girl like me BFF it allows me to change the look of my bed often without the big cost of paying for all new bedding every time!


Get Creative at your next Dinner Party
with funky placemats!
 
 

Modern Placemats  Grass Mat W/Daisy $8.99

 
Party at the table with these
 fun record placemats $14.95 by Gamago



 
Decor Outside the Box
Create this D.I.Y Book Shelf for your space!
D.I.Y Home Decor Idea's
This Amazing Bucket Ottoman is such a cool Unique
Ideal!  By Killer B. designs how-to






 
I love  D.I.Y home projects,  it's really inspiring to see some of the cool things that people can do with a little bit of time and creativity.  I call this section Urban Decor because all things hip and cool  are usually inspired by urban idea's pulling your resources to make something out of nothing,  so extraordinary and so fabulous!

So Unique Electrical tape wall art!

Light It Up
Pendant Lights
 
Brighten up your room with these pretty simple lights.
Firefly pendant lights $199 CB2
LED Ceiling track light $39.99 Ikea
 
 
 
 
Hip Home Accents
Joss & Main
I'm a accessories and accents kind of girl... the right accents/accessories can take a plain Jane space to an amazing unique retreat!  Tell a story about you in your home, It's such a great conversation starter and it set's you apart from Susie next door..  Make a statement!  Include pieces from your travels or wonderful things that you have inherited.  Include special pieces that have been given to you along the journey. Small touches are enough don't over-do it by making your room too busy with too much stimulation. Make your accents and accessories special by keeping it simple so that you don't overwhelm the space, little special touches go a long way!

Vintage Find
I found this pretty porcelain box on the $1 table at this cool vintage shop in my city, special does not mean pricy!!
I live & breathe NYC this hip Fire Escape
shelf is so cool Amazon.com $99
 


















Happy New Year!

A Time for Change

 
Chromatic Bamboo Wall Clock $119 Land of Nod

It's hard to believe that the rush and hustle & bustle of the holidays are over :( every year it seems to come and go faster and faster.  I'm excited to see what the New year is going to bring... Still have not taken down my tree yet, but I did remove the stockings from the fireplace and some of my Christmas decorations..mostly. The next time I do any themed holiday decor it will be for Valentine's day next month.  In the meantime I will keep my colorful winter retreat theme going until then.  Your space should make you smile every time you open the door, There's no place like home!  Make it your safe haven, a place to retreat and renew from the outside world...Happy decorating!!
 So Funky!!
Hat Lady Retro Clock handmade Etsy $35

stevecambronne.com
 
Tucked in all Comfy & Cozy
Talk about lush, Your guest are going to be here to stay with this luxury cozy throw  Go and grab a book!
Oversized Ombre Faux throw Pier  1 imports $59.98

World Market $41.99


 
 
Happy New Year!!
  
Let's tie the knot Etsy $12.95
 With Christmas only days away it's time to start thinking about getting ready to bring in the New Year (I know Christmas first.. one thing at a time just start thinking about it)!  Bring in the New Year with style, no matter if you're going to a big swanky bash or celebrating quietly at home.  While bringing in the New Year with your family loved ones or friends take time to reflect, use it as a guide so that you can move on and go forward, clink clink your glass and celebrate! Give thanks because you made it... good, bad or indifferent every day is a gift so celebrate and have a Happy and healthy New Year!!!

 
 
 
 Festive Christmas Table Idea's
Simple and Pretty Setting
Easy D.I.Y Projects for your Holiday Settings
Martha Stewart
Cinnamon & Spice Holiday Table
 
 
 
Crafty Thursday!!
 
I'm running out of time!!!!  I had a couple more Teachers gifts to do for school...So I thought of this one on the fly  last night..."Spa in a bottle"! It's a handmade Suga Scrub (Pineapple Lavender) easy to make (sugar, essential oil, fresh herbs, oil grapeseed) in a mason jar and I glued a Tea light candle on top w/glitter for glam!  While you're using your delightful scrub in the tub you can remove the top and light your candle for a nice calming Spa effect!  It's like a 2-in-1 gift I think the teachers are going to love it (fingers crossed)!! Have fun and get creative!!!

Glittered Tops (glue)
Spa Glimmer in the Bathroom!!



Aaah.....Bath Time!!!!


I Made this! Snowflake Christmas Soap
Bouquet!!


Coco in a Cup Great Teachers Gift


 
So simple but Cute!

Take the stress out of it all, because Christmas is really about giving!  I thought this was such a wonderful idea for your cookie exchanges, kids classroom Christmas parties, or a teachers gifts!  I also made a snowflake soap bouquet to do something a little diffrent!  I purchased a snowflake soap mold and some melt and pour soap (melted in the microwave) and poured into the molds...I added some fragrance oil and let cool (or pop in the freezer for a few until soap gets hard) I assembled bouquet in a flower pot with a Christmas tree, snowflakes and presents to give it a more festive look!!  This can be displayed in your bathroom during the holidays as a fun decorative item or by your kitchen sink.   It smells great and your guest will love it...great conversation piece!  I use to make and sell these Soap bouquets long ago so if you have a special request I can hook you up for a small fee lol!!!  But seriously I would... I have tons of molds for every occassion if you don't have the time to do it yourself I'd be happy to do it for you!  Stay inspired!!

 


These are so easy to make use sugar or
peanut butter cookie dough candies
and choc covered pretzels! Done!!
 
Christmas your Way!!!
Style created by homeowner D.I.Y Stockings
made with left over fabric...Sew Stylish!!

Home decor is all about you and your own personal style!  This is  a great example of Christmas Stockings done right!! these hip colorful patterned stockings with pops of purple, gold and green reflect the homeowner and her unique since of style!  Remember their are NO Rules, I love the pops of purple in the room which continues through the space.  The home owner was so smart to pull out one color and make it her accent.  The decorative purple pillows are such a wonderful tie-in, it adds comfort and plenty of texture!  Decor invites you in and tells a story about the inhabitants who dwell within them...create a space that tells your story, be creative and stay inspired!

Create your own Style easy Homemade D.IY Stockings
 
Beautiful Christmas Cheer!
 
I thank you all for supporting me and my blog!...Your support, warm wishes, friendship and encouragement are the best gifts that I could have ever received!!  Thank you for sharing your inspiration with me,  how you decorate, get creative and show your love during this holiday season, It has truly left me awe inspired!  
Light It Up!!! Love the
Pecock feathers too!!!
Thank You Cici for sharing your
Vibrant Christmas Cheer!! So
Pretty and so Festive!
 
Christmas Tree Dress
 

So Fabulous...this is how it's done!! Get creative and stay inspired!!!! By Mannequin Maddness


 
Funky Christmas Stockings!!
CreationzbyCathrine Etsy $35
I love mixing up the old with the new.  These fun, funky Christmas stockings are so cool that even the Grinch or Scrooge could not resist cracking a smile on these!!
CreationzbyCatherine Etsy



 
 
Christmas Street Style
 
So festive and unique!! Christmas in any Climate!!



 
I know that we are all dreaming of a white Christmas.....but sometimes you just have to be grateful for where you are at!  No reason not to get creative and embrace your holiday spirit!  God Bless you all during this holiday season get creative and stay inspired!

Holiday Hostess with the Mostess

Joss & Main
 
This lovely cozy cottage is so pretty and inviting.  When hosting your Holiday gatherings be sure to K.I.P Keep It Simple don't stress about everything being perfect make a promise to yourself to be stress free!  Add simple touches of Christmas to give your space a warm Holiday feeling of Joy!

 
 
Your Space is Wonderful!
This cute play on the Hollywood sign in the Snow is a perfect decorative item to keep around well after the Holidays!  CB2 Holiday decor $59.95

Get the party started with this hip
Portable Vinyl Briefcase record player
Urban Outfitters $98
 My Cozy Christmas Retreat!


I love the holidays especially Christmas time... I was thinking of a way to dress up my bedroom for Christmas without overdoing it.  I didn't want to do the ugly Christmas Sweater vibe in my relaxing retreat & sanctuary.. Most of the Christmas bedding decor is overdone and way too busy for me...So I opted for what I call "White Cozy Christmas Chic"!  I know it's simple.. nothing fancy but I love it!!  The white sheets are like a bed of fresh white snow, a red quilt comfortable warm plus it adds a (pop of color) and a sparkly holiday pillow (for texture and shimmer).  I threw in a fuzzy white rug and blue fury pillow it's (cozy & comfortable).  The pops of color in the room scream festive understated holiday (I hope!!)  That bed just screams and shouts at you to please jump on it... and of course we did yippee Pillow fight!!!!  Have fun and be creative.. enjoy your space!!  All I need now Is a Hot pink or cobalt blue faux deer Head over my bed...hmmmm that's not a bad idea actually I'll keep you posted on my hunt for one!!  I'm crazy I know!!  Get inspired!!

 

 

 

Rustic Fireplace at Christmas time
 
Cozy Rustic Christmas Fireplace
This reminded me of being in a beautiful log cabin on a snowy winters day, hanging out by the fireplace drinking hot coco!  So simple, cozy and peaceful
D.I.Y Sweater Stockings
Check out easy tutorial!

 
Christmas
Street Style
Get Festive for Christmas!

people go Coo-Coo for Coco puffs about their Christmas lights and  lawn decorations!!  It's like a neighborhood showdown for the best display and I'm not mad!  I think it's so fantastic to see folks go all out and express their love for the holiday! Get your creativity and Christmas spirit on...we will be watching because all love to oooh and awe over your magical displays so let us see what cha got!  

Let it Snow!

 

Cupcakes from the Northpole!!  Thanks Santa!!
 
North Pole Cupcakes
I love This!  These are so super cute I think I'm going to have a party just so I can make these, so fun!!!
 
Crafty Trees
 
Get Crafty Mistakes are allowed, It makes it unique!
They did not come out exactly the way I imagined but that's being crafty lol!! I do love the contrast and colors. Buying Holiday pillows are insanely expensive too!! Get creative!

Felt Pom Poms and stick on's
 

Ho Ho Ho!!!
 
Tis the Season for Joy!!
I'm going to hang this on my front door!
I'm getting so excited about Christmas!!!  I look forward to decorating and getting my tree this weekend.  I have decided to get a fresh tree this year, I know that it's messy but it's nothing like the smell of pine on a fresh tree in the house! I'll be taking down my harvest decor this weekend too and getting out my Christmas boxes.. Share your Joy with me I can't wait to see how you decorate for Christmas too!  Love & Blessings
 
 
Harvest Blessings.
Fabulous Fall Finds
Gobble Gobble these up!!
Oreo Turkeys ourbestbites.com
I thought this was such a cute crafty thing to do with the kids today for Thanksgiving tomorrow.  If you don't have kids but are expecting them over tomorrow they are going to be wowed by this fun yummy treat!  Place them all around your table for a last minute but easy decorative item!


 
Street Style.....
Unlike any other Holiday Fall/Harvest time needs no decoration.  Beautifully colored trees decorate every neighborhood with garnet reds, burnt orange and brown, with luscious shades of light and dark green. The streets look absolutely gorgeous during fall all by itself simply remarkable, one of God's natural breathtaking beauties!
Only God can produce beauty like that!!! 
No decoration needed.

 

 

D.I.Y Harvest Cornucopia 

If your anything like me you may not have quite pulled it all together for Turkey day next week!  It's not too late to get creative and make this easy D.I.Y centerpiece for your Thanksgiving dinner table. Add fresh or fake flowers, scented pine cones, small pumpkins and a ribbon (bow) to create this crafty cornucopia...It's so simple but pretty for your holiday dinner table! 

 
Simply Creative!

Creative Crafts

Wow!!! This is such a cute and fun way to use your pumpkins and cranberries a votive candle or a ice chest for your drinks!!  


Special Harvest Touches!!!!!!
Harvest 6-pk Washcloths Kohls $6.80
Kohls $6.80
Next week is Thanksgiving!  Add a last minute decorative touch by placing some cute hand towels in your bathroom for your guest to use.  Place a harvest scented candle in your bathroom too, make your guest feel at home and cozy in every room, it's the little touches that makes things special!
 

 
11/18/14
Easy Last minute Thanksgiving day Decor
Easy D.I.Y Thanksgiving
I thought this was so simple and cute! Get creative and think outside of the box by doing things a little differently.  I recently went apple picking so I thought this was a fun creative way to share the apples with my guest. 
 
11/15/14
Fall Bouquet!
I'm so proud!! My baby made this lovely fall bouquet, it's so perfect for fall!!!
 
11/14/15
My Kind of Fall...Cheap but Chic, Colorful & Creative! 
Glitter Everywhere!! So Colorful & Fun I
Even Glittered my Pine cones Simple but festive!!

I made it!! Hip Fashionista Mod Podge Pumpkin!
All you need is scrap fabric Mod Podge $1
(dollar tree) and a pumpkin get creative!

Think outside the box and get creative!!
11/13/14
 
Happy Harvest
This is an easy DIY Harvest bouquet wrapped in muslin and a ribbon. You can totally do this!  Grab some fall leaves, Pine cones and branches.  I see plenty of them on the ground right now soak them first in a 1/2 cup of vinegar and warm water (to get rid of any critters and bugs) rinse/air dry for a few hours.  I use a clear coat varnish spray on my cones and branches just to preserve and seal them.  To complete the bouquet add some fresh flowers like Sunflowers and and make your own magic!
Thanks Martha for the Inspiration
 
 11/12/14
Starting New Holiday Traditions
By Cecillia Mends
Your Home is Stunning! The tree is
so festive & beautiful!  Thank you for inspiring
us to keep traditions going and to make
new ones too! 
So, being that Christmas is my all-time favorite holiday, (not because of the gift giving but the entire celebration of the season), last year I started something that I want to keep doing for as long as I can.  By Thanksgiving, we had already decorated the house for Christmas.  We had TG dinner right next to the Christmas tree, I really loved it.  It was festive and it reminded everyone, adults and kids alike, what was ahead - good times. It also allowed us to enjoy the hard work we put into getting the house ready, for a longer time. Cuz, by the first weekend of the year, everything is gone, boxed up, put away – so depressing. But for now, I have a lot to look forward to, the kids being home, parties with the neighbors, enjoying the season, going to Christmas Eve Service and of course the gifts. I will repeat the tree this year, maybe with a few more additions.
 
11/10/14
Don't miss the Final Clearance Sales!!



Walmart
                                                                                                                                                           Happy Monday!! Check out what I saw over the weekend..the sales are getting serious and believe it or not there are still plenty of goodies out there to purchase for next year. Save $$$$ on next year’s Halloween and Harvest Decor, now is the time! :)

11/8/14
Thanksgiving with all of the trimmings
Trot Turkey candle holder
$9.95 free shipping CB2


Cheval Orange Wine Glasses
$5.50 ships free CB2
 
11/7/14
My kinda Fall Inspiration
My Cheap & Chic crafty fall  pillow
Re-style and reuse!! So a couple of post ago I showed you my craft inspired Jack-o-lantern pillow that I made to dress my bedroom couch for Halloween.  Being the cost conscious girl I am... I flipped that pillow over and used the other side. I used some of my fabric scraps, printed out a fall leaf pattern on the computer and cut out 5 leaves.. then I used wonder-under (love that stuff!!!)  and ironed them onto the pillow. 30 minutes later Wa-lah a Harvest inspired pillow ready for fall.  Sew easy.. doesn't take much get inspired!!!! 
 

11/5/14

 

Ok ladies and gents let the sales began!  I know that most of you have already hit the day after Halloween sales because I saw you out their scoping the isles with me lol!  Every day It keeps getting better... now the stores have included harvest items into the discount mix because the Christmas stuff is already out!  Happy shopping and let me know if you come across any steals and super crazy deals!!!!

Steals & Deals time!

11/3/14

It's time to put away the Halloween decorations and get ready for Fall/Harvest.  I'm so excited to see some of your great fall traditions, please share with me your fall decor and inspiration.  As always I would love to share them and post them here!  I thank and love you all for your kindness & support.  Love & Blessing for a Bountiful Harvest!

10/30/14
Make a Boo-tiful Halloween Boouquet!

All of this Candy is Criminal!
My daughter made this super cute and easy Halloween Bouquet for our door entry-way.  It's a fun craft to do with the kids and it switches up the traditional floral bouquet by making it extra sweet! 
Have fun and get Inspired!

10/28/14
Bring color to your room by adding some bold fall Accents!
Orange Stool Zulily.com $69.00

10/23/14
Creepy Chic!
Street Style
The streets are getting a little Creepy!!!
Boo!  Get Inspired





I could not resist This Drive-By


These are the only kind of mice allowed in my home... Ever!!! Martha does it again with this easy craft project. I recently saw the mice cut-outs at the dollar tree cut and ready to use!  This is a cheap, easy and fun Halloween decorating ideal!  Get Inspired!





It took me about 45 min to sew both pillows
and cut out the black felt pumpkin.




















I had some free time today so I decided to get a little crafty and dress up my couch in my bedroom.  I pulled out  my trusty old bag of fabrics and made a couple of easy peasy Halloween pillows. Mulit-Colored Skulls Pillow and a Black felt Pumpkin pillow with green mesh eyes and nose! 
 


   Oh Mummy!!
Pottery Barn Decorative pillow
www.potterybarn.com

What a fun Ideal for the
Entry way! www.Martha Stewart.com  



Fall Transition

Cute & Creepy  Halloween Dinner Party Decor www.Ikea.com
























Tales from Spooky Front Yard!

Scary Fun!!!! Thanks  for the photo Terri & Michelle your
yard looks amazing!


What a beautiful home office!  Elegant, Smart & Comfortable... the Chairs are absolutely gorgeous!  Loving all the patterns and textures, I could go to work here every day!!!

I don't do Halloween, but am slowing transitioning to fall. This is my office. I'll post it on the blog later on, if u like the pic. I need help w/a problem wall.
Thanks for the Inspiration Cici!







Get Inspired on the Cheap!
Urban Decor

I love, did I say Love dressing my nest!  Since home is where the heart is, It should be your sanctuary, a safe place to run, relax & recharge! I look at my home as another extension of myself and my family, its basically a reflection of who we are.  I want my family especially my kids to feel  creative, comfortable and free whenever we are at home.  When I walk into my home I want to feel happy, secure and inspired to do anything I desire!  I have always made it a point to be a good keeper of my home.  It didn't matter to me if I was living in a 1 bedroom apartment (with hubbie and a new baby), a big home or small rental house I have always lived by this motto: keep it 



1Bedroom Baby, Me & Hubbie NYC
bright
, colorful and most important CLEAN!!!   Keeping a clean house is the foundation of any great space...and I'm not talking messy..messy is ok sometimes... and It's different.   We are all busy people so I get it!,  clothes get tossed on the floor from time to time and the toys go everywhere quick (totally understandable)!  Dirty and unclean is another story and quite frankly unforgivable!! Especially if your Healthy of Sound Mind, Well and Able!   It just takes a little effort everyday to keep a clean house!  Clean daily so that you never get overwhelmed by a buildup of  a unclean environment get a little help like your family, they live their too ya know!!  If you must get a housekeeper one day per week to lighten your load, (No SHADE Here!!)  do whatever you need to do!  As far as the Decor goes let's face it home furnishings and accessories can be quite expensive,  even at the so called "discount stores" can be pricey.   I'm not talking about spending a lot of cash


Clean...but Messy It happens!
to "DECORATE"  , spend the $$ on the staples because you will always have them.  Don't go buying a bunch of expensive stuff to put inside your space to "decorate" unless of course you choose to...cause that's what you do, by all means... Do you boo!!  I'm just saying put some creative kick into it and make your space your own, no rules break them!!   Look for creative pieces that make a statement in your space, and it's ok if you splurge there a little because it will be a timeless treasure.  One day I too will have a Warhol original in my place with  dollar tree bats taped all around it if its Halloween time (lol)!  It's just who I am!!   So here's how I "decorate on the cheap" my goal is to always spend less and to reuse what I have!  Since its fall  and Halloween is just around the corner what a fun time to start decorating!  One of my HUGE savings tips on seasonal home decor items like Halloween or any other seasonal home decor is if you don't have it already do not get it during the season wait, yes wait

Shop the day after the holiday to get the best savings up to 75% off!  This is when I score the best finds because it's always an array of  eclectic mix-matched left over goodies.  If you still want to buy a few things during that current season keep it super cheap don't over spend $10 bucks $20 max!   Remember your going to get huge savings later on so be patient and wait! Its my secret to huge savings, I  have saved so much through the years and just pull out all of my goods from year to year when it's time to decorate.  I usually purchase a few new pieces every year from the clearance rack to keep my design new and fresh.  I'm so excited I just started to decorate for Halloween this is what I have so far: the spooky but fun fireplace!  I haven't pulled out all of my goods yet so it's a work in progress.  What about you? what have you done so far to decorate for Halloween take a picture and send it to me I would love to post it in the Urban Hood Decor section of the blog, and please don't forget to tell me how you did it on the cheap too, let's share and inspire one another! 

My Batty Fireplace! Bats $1 per pkg, "Witches Way" Sign $1, Orange lights $1 ( Dollar Tree) Chalkboard Pumpkin Wall Decal 65% off, Black Owl Candle 65% World Market (last year clearance) Pumpkins Walmart $1 ea. Spooky Glittery Kitty Garland Target $3.99


13 comments:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS! I love your blog!!! It is inspiring…. You and I have no idea how much we have in common… errmm…. Besides the running, we are kindred spirits. I feel blessed to have met you and I look forward to being part of your journey. Good luck and like someone already said, “Do You”!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cici thank you so much. I'm glad you love the blog!!! You made my day! I feel blessed to have met you too my kindred sister! I so appreciate your comment and encouragement... thank you for sharing the journey with me!!! :)

      Delete
  2. It's time to make a trip to Pier 1 Imports to check out their Christmas display, that's where I get my inspiration for my tree and for setting the table.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tip: I spray paint big leaves (I pick them outside) and small pumpkins gold, I add the leaves to my Christmas tree ornaments and the gold pumpkins go on the mantle or dinner table. The leaves I keep for years, I still have a couple of gold pumpkins from last year. Also, different colored beans in an apothecary jar is a good addition to fall decor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What A great Idea about different colored beans in the jar, so simple but festive so harvest!! I spray paint & glitter everything too, leaves, branches, pine cones, pumpkins!! lol! this was my first time doing fabric on a pumpkin tho it was science project CRAZY!! but fun :)

      Delete
  4. I love the blue pillow, you have to show me how, please. It will look really good in my space :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only WISH I had MAD CRAFTY skills like that!!! LOL!! I made the kindergarten crooked Christmas tree pillow LOL!!! That pillow (the blue one) is a oldie but goodie. I purchased it years ago and bring out every Christmas. I think I bought 2 tho...hmmmm I will look through my things and if I can find it it's yours!! I only use 1 of the same pillows and mix-match the rest. I'll keep you posted on my search :)!!

      Delete
  5. Thanks for the peacock dress tree, I was looking for something else to add to my decor next year, I just found it! I am so copying this with a twist, am not sure yet what it will be, but it will be fantastic. If I can get the manequin now, I might even do it this week instead of my small red tree. I'll keep you posted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right it's so amazing!!! You are so welcome! I cannot wait to see what you come up with I know it's going to be so fabulous!! Please keep me posted I can hardly wait to see it...And boy do I love a little twist I'm so excited!!!

      Delete
  6. Happy New Year!!! I am looking forward to a great year of love, friendship and new things.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I absolutely love those clocks! especially the Hat Lady, I need that in my life!!

    ReplyDelete